Small 6 arduino takeover

Home Forums Discussion Board Project Discussion Small 6 arduino takeover

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Northfire Northfire 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

This project is about taking the small six (kiko 893) robot toy and replacing it’s simple brain with something more complex..

Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

First fit of hardware in his head, a bit cramped but it’ll do for a prototype 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chen
    Chen
    Keymaster

Can’t wait to see more! 😀

Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

A closer look at the inner workings of his head, complete with an uno r3, L293D motor expansion drive, HC-sr04 ultrasonic sensor, hc05 Bluetooth card, and soon a rechargeable lithium battery pack. This is my very first arduino project, I’ve built other electronics and modded plenty, but any tips on getting started with arduino code would help a lot, my only experience with code is a little bit of html.

Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

More images

Attachments:
    Chen
    Chen
    Keymaster

Those look cool! I like how the HC-05 sticking out the head like a real robot antenna(which it is :D). If you want to save space, you could use arduino nano. Also I’m not sure the HR-S04 could work with that window in front, better test first.

Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

Oh No! You were right, he can’t see through his face shield. I didn’t take into considera that it works off sound and not light. I may try to make it work behind his stock eye lights (as I really do like the original face layout), but is their any other sensors I could use to help him navigate obstacles? Infrared or thermal camera? Either way I’m slowly learning the arduino ide and have learned to control the ld293d and can make him walk around and I’m so proud of that! 😀

Attachments:
    Chen
    Chen
    Keymaster

That’s awesome! I know there are IR sensors or even time of flight sensors, they should work since IR is what comes with the kit.

Keep hacking!

Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

“Remi” has a new arm!

Attachments:
    Chen
    Chen
    Keymaster

That’s cool!!!

Are you trying to make a gun shooting?

Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

Yes, soon I’m going to try to fit a laser pointer inside his arm. But I’m building remi 2.0 soon, preferably with smaller hardware, he’s getting quite cramped inside.

Chen
    Chen
    Keymaster

Cool, love to see the 2.0 coming 😀

Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

2.0 will have to wait a little longer..I’ve had a few issues with remi, first, it kept going through 9v Batterys, fast. So I got him a Lipo 3.7v and an adafruit powerboost 1000c, it powers him up fine, but now whenever I sync him to my phone, he gets stuck in a loop of spinning in circles at any command and I have to cut his power to make him stop, any idea what that could be?

Attachments:
    Northfire
    Northfire
    Participant

Small update: fixed the spinning loop, it was due to very low power, my battery is rated at 3.7v and 1200 mAh, I just ordered another that’s 5000 mAh. Hope this works! 🙂 it’s so close to working !

Chen
    Chen
    Keymaster

That sounds great! Are you using bluetooth to sync with your phone?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar